It has become abundantly clear from the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and its longer-term impact, that communities must be at the heart of recovery and with the upsurge in community spirit we work to harness this.
Our Community Connectors use their skills and experience to inspire, and work with you to find creative solutions and bring about positive action.
- We listen to you
- We make things happen
- We work in partnership
- We use our funding
Our vision of a strong community is:
- A sustainable community
- Somewhere you love to live
- Where there are opportunities for you to thrive
- Where we work in partnership
Happy and healthy communities
- Physical and mental health
- Social opportunities and contact
- Community pride
- Access to information and services
- Life skills, learning and volunteering
- Sustainable and affordable access to food
- Learning about others
- Resolving problems
- Sense of belonging
- Use of shared spaces
- Partnership working
- Access to green and outdoor spaces
- Growing and wildlife projects
- Other green initiatives
- Play areas
- Waste and recycling
- Working with the whole community
- Recognising and celebrating difference
- Building confidence and resilience
- Ensuring everyone has the opportunity to be involved
- Financial and digital inclusion
Our latest community news Read more
As part of a drive to get the community together enjoying their outside spaces we co-hosted a Summer event in Strawberry Fields, Lanner last week.
Our colleagues represented our Supported Housing team in recognition of the hard work involved in supporting vulnerable people in our schemes across Cornwall.
We are working with residents at Bridge and Bell Court in Exeter to enhance their communal vegetable patch so residents can grow their own healthy fruit and vegetables.
For Chloe, 22, from Bristol, life has been difficult the past few years. After moving into a mother and baby unit following the birth of her daughter Lila May she has got used to a life of shared accommodation and little space for her young family.